Coleman Valley Bib Short
Sewn here in North Carolina with high power compression fabric that provides compression, abrasion resistance, and wicking performance. Add moderate SPF protection, lightweight mesh straps and back help keep you cool, and a soft secure gripper hem, and you have your go-to cycling bib.
- Lightweight nylon compression fabric provides exceptional compression, wicking, durability, and breathability
- 30% spandex provides high power compression to support leg muscles
- UPF 50 sun protection
- Industry-leading Elastic Interface® 3D formed pad for all-day in-the-saddle comfort. Pad incorporates special ultra-high density perineal insert (an innovative structure featuring a multidirectional curvature that delivers perfect fit and great stability, and proper ischiatic support in saddle) and a special “encased” shaping in the top part of the chamois which allows for improved fit and greater privacy
- The hem elastic has a custom silicone gripper that keeps the hem or warmers in place
- Highly breathable and soft mesh upper and straps are fully edged and finished for maximal comfort
- Sewn in the USA (Old Fort, NC)
Our crew often rides hard and we are here for you when things go awry. If you crash and trash your Kitsbow, get in touch with us.
- Coleman Valley
Having purchased many top brand bib shorts over 30+ years, I've rarely found a pair with a chamois long enough up front to sufficiently contain all the critical 'bits & pieces'. Enter US made Coleman Valley shorts. They fit the bill comfortably on this front! The only drawback I noticed was they squeek a bit in the saddle. Whether due to the nylon or spandex content, the material over the chamois tends to slip from side to side with each pedal stroke. Hopefully, with continued use, this slight problem will resolve in time.
Have worn these shorts on about half a dozen mountain bike rides this spring - so far so good. I have had a pair of the knickers for two years and love the fit and performance - they have held up really well on near-daily rides for half the year. Thought I would try the shorts for warmer weather, as my other bib shorts don't fit as well and tend to get uncomfortable on longer rides. I noticed these shorts seem to run just a hair larger than expected, but still fit fine and do not create any discomfort - a major improvement over my other options.
This is my first pair of these bibs and they great. Sizing fits very well and the color is perfect. Very comfortable on a 4 hour gravel ride. The only that would them completely perfect is if they had a cargo pocket on the legs.
Went out for a 5 hour old Fort to Mitchell and back ride yesterday and never once did I think about my bibs. They worked flawlessly. They will be my go too on long saddle days. 6’1” 185lbs and the large fit well.
I have two pairs and have been using them for nearly 3 seasons now. After many hours in the saddle and climbing all the mountains around here I have found these bibs not only the most comfortable but actually the longest lasting. This was somewhat surprising to me given the lightness of the material. Compared to some of the other competing brands the Coleman Valley bib is minimalist in all the right places and yet very durable. This combination is not something I ever found in previous bibs. Either the pad was too cumbersome, the leg material too thick or the straps would lose their shape after a year or so. But I have found your bibs to have solved all these problems and with the amount of climbing I do I spend a lot of time on the saddle. I can't recommend these enough if a comfortable but not overly designed bib is to your liking. They get the job done and are more than sufficient for the long haul. In fact I would call these "performance bibs" but much more comfortable than that term implies.