The Masterlink Short combines unmatched trail toughness with unparalleled comfort and utility.
The Schoeller® shape fabric stretches just enough, yet holds up to countless trail outings and everyday casual wear.
Thoughtful storage pockets keep your essentials secure and out of the way, yet easy to access.
The tailored cut, and subtle styling make for a wear-anywhere staple for bike commuting, trail riding, or getting out and about.
Our best short — soon to be your favorite.
- Schoeller®-shape fabric, hardcore tough durability for the trail -- yet high stretch, silky feel, and highly breathable (93% nylon and 7% elastane).
- Fidlock magnetic snap buckle allows adjusting 3” of the waist for the perfect fit. Fidlock is a patented fastener technology that enables virtually automatic closing and can be opened with just one hand – even when wearing gloves.
- Innovative waist belt combining webbing in the front for the buckle -- with Schoeller® fabric in the back for a ‘no-gap’ fit.
- Low-profile fly construction with an auto-locking zipper makes a secure but comfortable closure, under the belt, with no button!
- Two ergonomically placed back pockets with a security zipper to secure essentials.
- Two front pockets, also include security zippers, for fast and easy access.
- Finished with Schoeller’s 3XDRY® treatment for enhanced water resistance.
- Tailored profile ensures short won’t snag on saddle or flap in the wind on fast descents.
- Subtle reflective hits for visibility after dark, on the road or in woods.
- Shaped back leg hem for comfort while pedaling.
- Built-in drying loop.
Our crew often rides hard and we are here for you when things go awry. If you crash and trash your Kitsbow, get in touch with us.
Finally back in stock! Super happy to see Kitsbow adding this staple back to their line. The Haskels just weren’t quite dedicated bike shorts enough for me. They are fitted but I have found that waist-wise I’m actually a Small vs a Med (most shorts), hence my slightly large rating. I hate when shorts loosen up after wearing for a bit/breakin.
So, first off, I like other reviewers were very hesitant to spend this much money on a pair of shorts but once I received the shorts, I could tell right away that I got what I paid for. The quality and craftsmanship on these shorts is insane. I believe it's some of the best I've ever seen in clothing. Everything is done with such a level of detail and thought. For reference, I am 5'6", weigh 135 pounds and usually wear a 28/29" waist in most men's pants and shorts. I purchased the XS size in these and they fit perfect! I will say that I am at the extreme adjustment on the belt so if I gain much weight in my gut then I may not be able to use the belt that came with it. Speaking of the belt, the magnetic buckle works extremely well and it's also built to last. The material of the shorts is really stretchy and really moves with your legs while pedaling. The material is also VERY tough and should hold up well to lots of abuse. I haven't tested the durability in a crash....yet....but I have no doubts that they should handle one without any issues. Two negatives about the material. One, you do get a bit of the "swishing" sound while pedaling but that is easily overlooked. Two, they don't dry very quickly when they get really wet so just be aware of that. Again, not a deal breaker for me. The pockets are all placed pretty well and the zippers work great. I tried riding with my phone in my front pocket but quickly moved it to my pack because it wasn't very comfortable to pedal with it on the top of my thigh. Again, a very minor detail that for me, is easily overlooked. I am always searching for a pair of "baggies" that isn't really baggy and these fit that criteria really well. I prefer shorts with a more tailored and trim fit that fall above the knee and these are exactly that way. The cut isn't too trim to hinder pedaling and it certainly isn't too baggy either. I could easily ride with knee pads on with these if I choose to. These shorts also look REALLY nice so you can blend in wearing them off the bike if you so choose. They certainly don't scream "mountain biker baggy". I really feel like these shorts are the perfect backcountry adventure short and should last for many, many riding seasons. I do not regret spending this much money on these shorts at all because I know they will last and I will get my money out of them. Well done Kitsbow!!
Best MTB shorts ever! Maybe the best shorts I have ever owned! The fabric is somehow very tough and incredibly stretchy. I never feel uncomfortable or constricted in these. My one criticism is the perforated pocket liners, it is great for keeping the pockets cool, but if have keys in your pocket, eventually the ring will catch on one of the holes and when you pull your keys out the entire contents of your pockets come out with them. I have yanked it hard enough to rip the liner on a different pair, be advised, put the keys someplace else.
Fit is great, the material is lighter than the Haskell but doesn’t look less durable. Leg diameter is wider so if you wear knee pads these should still work. Tons of well thought out pockets. The closure is secure and adjustable. Totally worth the $.
Incredibly well made, super comfortable and functional, they are built Like a tank, so far worth the price IMO.