The Masterlink Short combines unmatched trail toughness with unparalleled comfort and utility. We spared no expense in the design, fabric, and features of this long-time favorite.
The Schoeller® shape fabric stretches just enough, yet holds up to countless trail outings and everyday casual wear. As in years, not months.
Thoughtful storage pockets keep your essentials secure and out of the way, yet easy to access.
The tailored cut, and subtle styling make for a wear-anywhere staple for bike commuting, trail riding, or getting out and about.
Our best short — soon to be your favorite.
- Schoeller®-shape fabric, hardcore tough durability for the trail -- yet high stretch, silky feel, and highly breathable (93% nylon and 7% elastane).
- Fidlock magnetic snap buckle allows adjusting 3” of the waist for the perfect fit. Fidlock is a patented fastener technology that enables virtually automatic closing and can be opened with just one hand – even when wearing gloves.
- Innovative waist belt combining webbing in the front for the buckle -- with Schoeller® fabric in the back for a ‘no-gap’ fit.
- Low-profile fly construction with an auto-locking zipper makes a secure but comfortable closure, under the belt, with no button!
- Two ergonomically placed back pockets with a security zipper to secure essentials.
- Two front pockets, also include security zippers, for fast and easy access.
- Finished with Schoeller’s 3XDRY® treatment for enhanced water resistance.
- Tailored profile ensures short won’t snag on saddle or flap in the wind on fast descents.
- Subtle reflective hits for visibility after dark, on the road or in woods.
- Shaped back leg hem for comfort while pedaling.
- Built-in drying loop.
Our crew often rides hard and we are here for you when things go awry. If you crash and trash your Kitsbow, get in touch with us.
THE go-to short
I've tried a lot of shorts from a lot of manufacturers, and there is always something that you wished was just a bit better. These shorts, however, are damn near perfect. Design, build quality, fabric are all just right. The stretch in the fabric and the cut literally make them disappear, like you are not wearing them. No chaffing or rubbing in weird ways, the stretch makes them comfortable while riding, walking, sitting, whatever. Zippers where you need them, great clasp on the belt. There is really nothing to fault on these things! Congrats Kitsbow on an amazing product and I will be ordering another pair soon!
I wear a size 32” in just about every other company, such as Kuhl and Patagonia. According to the sizing chart for Kitsbow, I should’ve fit into a size medium. When the package arrived, I could tell that the master link shorts were going to be far too big. The medium fit more like a 36”, not like a 32-33” as advertised. I am currently exchanging the medium for a small. The overall quality of the shorts seems to be fantastic. I’m looking forward to receiving my updated pair, and I am hopeful that they will fit.
These shorts are top notch. I have worn many different brands and none of them hold up to the comfort and durability of the masterlink shorts. They are very pricey but hands down are worth every penny. How often can you get an article of clothing that both has function and is aesthetically pleasing? Snag a pair while you can and don’t look back. For sizing reference they run a bit large. I wear a 32 in the haskell, medium in mescal, large in zen ventilated cycle liner but have to wear a small in the masterlink.
Great Followup to Favorite Short
I have been riding the heck out of a pair of first gen Kitsbow Softshell AM shorts for 6 years. Crashes, rain, snow, mud. All-day epics. Multi-day bikepackign trips. Still going strong. The Masterlink is the near-perfect followup. Similar tough Schoeller fabric. Adds very welcome waist adjustment (the only thing missing from the original AMs in my opinion). Great styling that works well off the bike. Only wish there was the option for a “tall” cut with a slightly longer inseam that matches the original AMs. All-in-all, pretty darn close to the perfect short.
Best shorts I own!
I can’t believe I spent this kind of money on shorts, BUT totally worth it. They fit right, pockets hold phone and keys in place when riding with just a water bottle. They have the right stretch but will also easily slide over my knees when they need to without binding up. They don’t get “funky” during a ride and sit out of place. I’ll probably buy another pair or two and quit using other brands of shorts. They are this good!