Mescal Ventilated Short
Pairs well with a Zen Ventilated Cycling Liner.
Note: When you place your order today you will wait at least 5 weeks for your shorts to ship. Why? Because we make each pair of shorts to order, due to our deep commitment to waste less. We stay in touch by email, and your purchase date determines your place in line.
More choices, premium quality gear and the commitment of less waste, sounds pretty great, right? The trade-off is that it takes longer for us to make, but you get exactly what you want, and we never make apparel that isn’t wanted.
Curious to know more? Give a listen to this podcast.
What do the different purchase options mean?
Add to Cart: Your gear will ship today, or no later than the next business day.
Make Mine: When you buy it, we'll make it! Production times vary by product (and are constantly changing).
Make Mine, Pre-Order: Kitsbow sometimes offers pre-orders for products we know will be in high demand. Pre-orders secure your place at the front of the line.
Have questions about your order? Please email us at email@example.com.
- Durable soft shell for high mobility
- Generous stretch-mesh paneling at waist, rear yoke, and back of knees ensures maximum active ventilation
- Tailored fit ensures short won’t snag on saddle or flap in the wind
- Simplified alloy hook at the waist enables 3 inches of adjustability
- Articulated waistband subtly raised in back and lowered at sides to ensure complete coverage while reducing potential hotspots
- Sculpted back of each knee bends discreetly with knee so it won’t brush your calves with each pedal stroke
- Zippered side pockets for easy access and perfectly placed storage
- Inset mesh fabric interfaces with mesh ventilation panels on the Zen Ventilated Cycling Liner
- Reflective elements on the back and side
- Sewn in the USA (Old Fort, NC)
SIZECHART - MESCAL VENTILATED SHORT
*Note: Measurements above reflect actual garment measurements.
Our crew often rides hard and we are here for you when things go awry. If you crash and trash your Kitsbow, get in touch with us.
Excellent shorts perhaps the best I own now. Exceeded expectations so far and we’ll worth the wait.
You know, for years I didn’t have two separate wardrobes for road & mountain. I just wore my road gear for everything. We all did. As people switched to wearing “baggies” I was resistant. I’m firmly middle aged now and slow to change. But I decided to give these a try along with the Zen Ventilated Liner and wished I’d made the switch sooner. They stay cool and don’t restrict movement while riding and pair with the liner perfectly. The side pockets took some time to get used to. They go back toward the thigh which means your phone and such are out of the way instead of resting on your thighs. It’s much more comfortable that way. All of this and I no longer look like a goob while riding. Totally happy with ‘em.
Spent 5 days riding this short on very tough conditions and form the reverse pockets, the button clasp, the belt and tensioner, and the tight inseam I can’t find fault with the Mescals
Shorts fit well and feel great while riding
Like some other reviewers, I love the fit, design and material of these shorts, but don't like the buckle design at all. The material is light, the pocket locations are great and the shorts are very comfortable on the bike. All that said, the buckle doesn't work well for adjusting the fit. I find myself constantly having to tighten it and re-tighten it throughout a ride. If I don't the shorts get too loose, fall down slightly and get caught on my seat when I'm up and down on technical trail. Not great at all.